Saturday, October 14, 2006

Desktop Hijunks

Its an old habit of mine, once i get something set the way i like im loathe to change it.

But it has come time for me to change something i much apreciated.

My desktop setup has changed.

While i used to run differential resoloutions and divide my desktop i have been pushed over the edge by a recently aquired game. X2 the threat proviedes a bunch of advanced dual and tripple screen graphics modes for people running with extra screens and cards powerful enough to run them.

BUT, the catch is you have to have the horizontal span mode enabled for nvidia cards. So with my old "dual view" configuration i wasnt getting them.

The time had come for me to sacrifice my 1158 x 986 res primary mointor and drop to 1024x768 on both. Its a bit of an ajustment but so far im much happier and beginning to fiddle with my nview screen options and reaquaint myself with the way my desktop behaves.

No comments: